Our Autac Assemblies team is excited to announce we have a new vacancy for an Electrical/Electronic Assembly Technician to join our team based in Macclesfield.
This is an exciting role in our growing manufacturing business specialising in high quality looms and cable assembly. Due to the rapid growth of our company we are seeking an experienced Electrical/Electronic Assembly Technician to join our team full time.
As a Electrical/Electronic Assembly Technician, you will require experience specifically working with wire looms/harnesses, using crimping tools and be competent using soldering irons. You will be assembling products from start to finish.
Duties will include but not limited to:-
- Reading from schematic drawings
- Building, wiring and testing of electrical control panels
- Fitting, wiring and tying off
- Looming and crimping
- Crimping / terminating cables
- Fitting connectors onto cables
- Heat shrinking cable
- Connecting all electrical components to the control panel ensuring all cables are neat and tidy
- Completing work to a high standard
The Key Requirements:
- Significant experience in loom and harness wiring, control panels or cable assemblies
- Good wiring skills
- Ability to carry out accurate and neat freehand wiring,
- Experience of testing
- Wire preparation including cutting and stripping
- From an electro/ production assembly background
- Confident with PCB wiring and soldering
- Previous experience in prototype wiring
- Confident working from highly detailed schematics
- Cleaning and maintaining your own working area
- Completing records and associated paperwork
- Maintaining all aspects of health and safety in line with training and work area requirements
- Maintaining efficiency and meeting targets.
- Highly motivated able to work as part of a small team, flexibility required to cover sickness holidays overtime etc.
- Must possess positive working attitude
- Ability to learn quickly and use own initiative
- Quality orientated
- Good level of numeracy and general education
- Ability to communicate with staff at all levels
- Attention to detail
To find out more about this position, send us your CV or details of your experience, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.