This is an exciting new role and opportunity for us here at Autac and the successful candidate will be empowered to lead, shape, and drive the technical development and quality assurance across our business to support our growth.
We’re looking for the right person, someone who is passionate about working in a manufacturing environment, who has a sound technical background and who can facilitate appropriate technical solutions whilst controlling costs.
And importantly, they’ll be able to create and maintain strong relationships with both our internal and external partners.
About the role
Reporting to the Managing Director, the Technical and Quality Manager will be responsible for maintaining and continually improving quality and technical output.
Duties will include:
– Managing the Quality Management System and ensuring compliance with relevant legislation and quality standards such as ISO and customer requirements.
– Driving continuous business process improvements to ensure quality planning is implemented throughout the product lifecycle process to achieve product efficiency and customer satisfaction.
– Planning and scheduling audits to the required frequency, addressing issues raised and implementing relevant corrective action.
– Managing all design and technical phases of existing and new products.
– Providing manufacturing support to customers and business expansion including the continuous development and investigation of manufacturing processes to maximise cost and efficiency.
– Managing daily operational delivery of the production and assembly functions, solving problems to meet business and customer needs, and working through root cause analysis with corresponding Autac traceable paperwork.
– Working alongside, coaching and developing Production and Assembly line teams
– Leading customer-facing engagements, as the technical and quality advocate.
– Joining the Leadership Team and advocating for the Technical and Quality functions.
Skills and Expertise required:
Whilst the following knowledge and skills are highly desirable, Autac recognises that applicants from other sectors should consider how their skills and experience they will bring will help Autac in this role.
– Previous experience in a quality and technical role within a manufacturing environment is highly desirable.
– An in-depth understanding of manufacturing and distribution within the electronic sector
– Knowledge and experience in Quality Management Systems.
– Experience and knowledge of Solid Works (Design) & Epicor (ERP) are desirable.
– A good understanding of Health and Safety legislation.
– Strong communication, collaboration, problem-solving and interpersonal skills.
– Excellent IT literacy.
In return we offer:
– A competitive salary up to £45,000
– 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
– Company Pension
– Life Assurance
– Free Parking
– Company Events
So why apply?
“Helping you to succeed”
At Autac we recognise people are critical to our ongoing success and we’re proud of our inclusive culture that gives you the platform to grow, challenge the status quo and play a crucial role in further enhancing our market position as a leading manufacturer of high-quality British manufactured automotive cables and retractable coils.
If you’re looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Autac is the place for you.
How to apply:
If you’re interested in this role, please send your CV to email@example.com
The closing date for this position is 1st August 2023.
If you have any questions then please contact Human Resources 01625 619277.